Academic Ally Program
The School of Business is implementing an Academic Ally Program to address the academic achievement gap among students; particularly those students with a grade point average (GPA) between 2.0 and 2.5. The School is inviting applications from students who meet the following requirements:
- A GPA of 3.2 or higher;
- Successful completion of the eight pre-major business classes;
- Qualified for admission to upper-division status in the School of Business;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- The ability to listen and understand the academic needs of mentees;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Knowledge of CCSU and the academic support resources available;
- Availability to work flexible hours;
- The ability to serve as a role model;
- Available to attend evening training sessions during August 20-23, 2012;
- A letter of recommendation from a School of Business faculty member;
- An interview.
Allies will receive a $500 stipend -- $300 upon completion of the training sessions and $200 upon successful conclusion of all meetings with your assigned participants each semester. A Certificate of Leadership will be issued to Allies at the end of each semester.
Qualified applicants must complete an Academic Ally Application and provide a letter of recommendation from a School of Business professor using the Faculty Recommendation Form. The application deadline is June 25, 2012. All application materials need to be submitted to Ms. Rosa Colón in the School of Business, Vance Academic Center Room 210.
The deadline for applications has been extended to Friday, August 10, 2012 by 3:00 PM.
[Academic Ally Application] [Faculty Recommendation Form]