AboutAcademicsAdmissionsAlumni and FriendsAthleticsCampus Life
Home >
FAQs for Faculty and Staff > Employee Travel
page tools :


Travel:  Debbie Peterson


The Travel Department requires that if you are going to travel, and if you leave the state, you should have a travel authorization on file even if there are no costs involved.  The reason for that is in the event that the employee gets hurt on state business.  There is no documentation indicating that the person was on state business.  If they have nothing to substantiate the claim, it will be difficult to process the necessary paperwork for Worker’s comp, etc.  The forms are on-line and you can go to their website and print out travel authorization.  The forms should be in their office 2 weeks before you travel. 


When booking your travel, you need to use the lowest available costs that you can find because using state funds.  You will need to file a voucher to get reimbursed.  Find the voucher under exhibits B.  Travel authorization forms are under exhibit A. 


Employees can get up to 80% as a cash advance ahead of time.  With a cash advance you need to make sure that your paperwork is back to them within 15 business days.


There are policy request forms for people who do not follow the correct procedure.  There is an extra form to fill out.


State mileage needs to be done on a monthly basis and must be approved by the supervisor.


The travel website is:  http://www.ccsu.edu/page.cfm?p=748

email page print page small type large type large type
powered by finalsite