The CCSU Center for Teaching and Faculty Development (CTFD) helps faculty achieve their full potential as teachers and scholars so they can effectively and creatively support student learning.
To realize this mission, CTFD will:
• Provide programming that broadens faculty pedagogical exploration and reflection
• Design, promote and host activities so both full-time and part-time faculty may form professional and collaborative connections across the university and with the larger state community
• Support ongoing efforts, either in campus wide committees, departments or within specific courses, to enhance student performance and service
• Post a monthly online newsletter, The Faculty Exchange, which will serve as a clearinghouse for faculty news, information on successful teaching strategies, and provide a forum for conversations that promote innovation, intellectual vitality, and ongoing growth and development for faculty and students
• Advocate for including ongoing instructional improvement and the study of pedagogical practices as an expectation for all faculty and a factor of significant weight in the Promotion and Tenure process.