Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
The TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) is a multiple-choice test that evaluates the following skills: math, science, reading, and English. The objectives assessed on the TEAS exam are those which nurse educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure entry level skills and abilities of nursing program applicants. This test is now being used in nursing programs across the country. Previous versions of the test results will not be accepted.
CCSU is offering the TEAS test to students interested in applying to the Nursing major who:
- Have an active CCSU Banner student ID number
- Will have completed Chemistry 161/162 (or its equivalent) with a “C+” grade or better by the end of the fall semester
- Will have completed BMS 102 and BMS 103 (or its equivalent) with a “C+” grade or better by the end of the fall semester
Here is some valuable information:
- The test will be offered multiple times between November 1 & February 1. An applicant can take it no more than two times during this period
- The test will be administered in the ITBD building located at 185 Main Street, New Britain.
- An account must be created with ATI prior to registering for the test. (The link is listed at the bottom)
- Although the test will be conducted at the ITBD building, when registering for the test, please select “Central Connecticut State University” as the location.
- There is a cost for this test
- Applicants must obtain an adjusted individual score of 65.0%. The adjusted individual total score will count as 25% of the total admission application to the Nursing major.
*** Applicants must have an official result sent by ATI to the department by the application deadline. The TEAS test will be offered by CCSU but may only be taken twice between November 1 and February 1, with a one month wait period between testing if needed.
It is suggested that you obtain a study manual and take the online practice assessments prior to sitting for your exam. The TEAS study manual and online practice assessments are available through www.atitesting.com
Please login to your ATI account for available dates at CCSU.
Test will be held at the CCSU Downtown Campus located at 185 Main Street, New Britain, CT. Please bring your CCSU student ID badge because you will need it to park your vehicles.
Creating a New Account
How to Create a New Username
Please select Central Connecticut State University under the locations list. However, the test will be held at the CCSU Downtown Campus (185 Main Street, New Britain, CT 06051)
Click here to create an account