Math Competitions at CCSU
Each year, the math department hosts the Northeast Regional Undergraduate Mathematics Competition. The event is held on our campus in New Britain, Connecticut.
Dear Friends and Colleagues!
You are invited to our ninth annual Northeast Regional Undergraduate Mathematics Competition at Central Connecticut State University. The competition will be held on Saturday, April 22, 2017. It will begin at 10:00 AM and end at 3:00 PM. There will be a one-hour lunch break, with free pizza and soda. The competition will be held at Central Connecticut State University, in New Britain, Connecticut (first floor of Maria Sanford Hall).If your school is interested in attending, please send the expected number of students to Register. While there are no fees or requirement to register, we request a decent estimate for purposes of providing refreshments.
- The top three students will receive a $100 Barnes and Noble gift card,;
- The top twelve students will receive a one-year Mathematica student license, with one year of Wolfram Alpha Pro;
- Students ranked 4th through 30th (at least) will receive a mathematics book;
- The top team will receive a plaque of honor.
- We ask you please do not bring any of the following: calculators, crib sheets, clothing bearing formulae, books, worked-out problems, or any additional devices used to create an unfair advantage.
- In the event of a scoring tie, the winner will be selected based upon the elegance of their solution as determined by the faculty committee.
- The three top scoring contestants from each school will constitute that school's team, and will be ranked according to the sum of their scores. The top team will come in first and be awarded the Plaque of Honor
- Again ties will be broken by elegance.
Location, Directions, and Schedule
The competition will be held on April 22nd, 2017, from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm, with an optional orientation beginning 9:30am.
The competition will held on the first floor of Maria Sanford Hall, at Central Connecticut State University.
Our campus is located at 1615 Stanley Street, New Britain, Connecticut, 06050.
The easiest way to get to campus is to take Exit 29 off Connecticut Route 9.