Office 365 Hosted Email
Accessing Your CCSU Email After the Migration
On campus, you will continue to use the full Microsoft Outlook client to access your email. Use the information below to get started or the printable guides:
Office 365 Hosted Email Quick Start Guide - more detailed than the info below, includes screen shots for Outlook and mobile devices.
Quick Reference by Platform:
Windows computers on campus:
- Restart your computer completely before accessing Outlook 2013 for the first time after your email migration to Office 365.
- After the restart, open Outlook 2013.
- At the Windows Security prompt, enter your CCSU e-mail address and your BlueNet account password. Put a check in the box next to “Remember my credentials” and click on OK.
- Open Outlook 2011 or 2016
- Click on the Outlook menu, then Preferences.
- Click on Accounts, then click on the CCSU email account.
- Update Username to your CCSU e-mail address
- Uncheck the box next to Configure automatically
- Update Server to: Outlook.office365.com
- Click on Done
If you use a smartphone or tablet to access your CCSU email, you will need to update these settings:
- Email address and username: - both are your complete CCSU email address (i.e. email@example.com)
- Server Name: outlook.office365.com
To access the web-based version of the Office 365 Mail system:
- Open your web browser and navigate to the Office 365 web site at https://office.ccsu.edu.
- Log in with your CCSU email address and your BlueNet account password.
- Click on the Mail tile to open your email. If you would like to set Mail to your default start screen, review the Office 365 Web Mail Guide.