IT Announcement - 4/22/2016
Sunday Maintenance Reminder
Every Sunday from 12am until 12pm all Systems (e-mail, Banner, wireless, etc.) will be intermittently unavailable while important maintenance and updates are performed.
Weekly Maintenance – TONIGHT, April 22
Please log off your computer when leaving for the day today, Friday April 22, but do not power it off. This will allow updates to be sent down to your computer on Saturday after 12:00am. If you turn your computer off and leave it off overnight, shortly after turning it back on, your computer will restart in order to install and apply any updates. If you leave your computer logged in, you may lose any unsaved data you were working on when the computer restarts.
OUCH! - Monthly Security Awareness Newsletter
Courtesy of www.sans.org,
Click here to view this month’s newsletter.
Data Privilege Emergency Downtime – Today, April 22 starting at 3pm
The Data Privilege system will be unavailable today, Friday April 22, while we perform emergency maintenance. The maintenance will begin at 3pm today. The system will be unavailable for up to 3 hours. There will be no access to Entitlement Reviews or network access requests during this time.
Henry Barnard Network Outage – Saturday, April 23 and Sunday, April 24
Network upgrades will be performed on the basement and first floor of Henry Barnard on Saturday, April 22 and Sunday, April 23. There will be no network connectivity during this outage.
It may be necessary to reboot or restart computers and network printers after the outage.
- Bb Learn and Grades -Have you considered using the grade center to configure a final grade for your students? Register for a training session to learn how!
- Want to know more about Office 365/Microsoft Office 2013? We have basic and intermediate workshops scheduled to help you enhance your current skills on the Office family of products. Please sign-up today to attend a workshop!
- New to Office 365 and/or Microsoft Office 2013? Here is the direct link to the IT Office 365 support page.
Outlook Clutter Feature Disabled
Just a reminder that the Clutter feature has been disabled. Please follow these instructions if you would like to turn this feature back on:
- Log in to Office 365 at http://office.ccsu.edu using your CCSU e-mail address and current BlueNet password.
- At the top of the page, select Outlook (or Mail). Or, select the App launcher , and then select Mail.
- Go to Settings > Options > Mail > Automatic processing > Clutter.
- Choose “Separate items identified as Clutter”.
- Click Save to save your changes, or Discard to cancel.
For more information, here is a Microsoft TechNet Article regarding Clutter.