IT Announcement - 3/24/2016
Sunday Maintenance Reminder
Every Sunday from 12am until 12pm all Systems (e-mail, Banner, wireless, etc.) will be intermittently unavailable while important maintenance and updates are performed.
Weekly Maintenance – Reminder
Please log off your computer when leaving for the day every Thursday, but do not power it off. This will allow updates to be sent down to your computer on Friday after 12:00am. If you turn your computer off and leave it off overnight on Thursday, shortly after turning it back on, your computer will restart in order to install and apply any updates. If you leave your computer logged in Thursday night into Friday, you may lose any unsaved data you were working on when the computer restarts.
OUCH! - Monthly Security Awareness Newsletter
Courtesy of www.sans.org,
Click hereto view this month’s newsletter.
Netshare Maintenance – Completed
Significant maintenance was completed on the University netshares (M:\, S:\, etc.) last weekend. You may need to restart your computer to re-establish a connection to your netshares.
Reminder for Web Editors: Please follow the instructions for editing your website. Direct access to webserver files will be restricted after this update.
Network Maintenance – Spring Break
The following buildings will undergo network maintenance during spring break:
- Thursday 3/24 – Kaiser Hall, all day
- Friday 3/25 – Davidson Hall, all day
There will be no network connectivity during this outage.
It may be necessary to reboot or restart computers and network printers after the outage.
- Bb Learn and Grades -Have you considered using the grade center to configure a midterm or final grade for your students? Register for a training session to learn how!
- Want to know more about Office 365/Microsoft Office 2013? We have basic and intermediate workshops scheduled to help you enhance your current skills on the Office family of products. Please sign-up today to attend a workshop!
- New to Office 365 and/or Microsoft Office 2013? Here is the direct link to the IT Office 365 support page.
Web Page Blocked Issue
If you encounter the message below, please click the click on the Palo Alto Networks link and report the site directly to Palo Alto. This is safe to do. Palo Alto investigates relatively quickly and unblocks the site if they find that it is a safe site. If the site is not unblocked within 24 hours, please contact the IT Help Desk for further assistance.