IT Announcement - 1/8/2016
Sunday Maintenance Reminder
Every Sunday from 12am until 12pm all Systems (e-mail, Banner, wireless, etc.) will be intermittently unavailable while important maintenance and updates are performed.
Weekly Maintenance – Reminder
Please log off your computer when leaving for the day every Thursday, but do not power it off. This will allow updates to be sent down to your computer on Friday after 12:00am. If you turn your computer off and leave it off overnight on Thursday, shortly after turning it back on, your computer will restart in order to install and apply any updates. If you leave your computer logged in Thursday night into Friday, you may lose any unsaved data you were working on when the computer restarts.
Office 365 Hosted Email – Migration Complete
IT has successfully migrated all of the faculty/staff mailboxes to the new Office 365 Hosted Email. Please review this important information:
- On campus you will continue to use the full version of Microsoft Outlook 2013 (Windows) or Outlook 2011/2016 (Mac) to access your CCSU email. You may also configure the full version on your personally-owned computer.
- If you are using Outlook 2011 (Mac) on your CCSU computer, we highly recommend that you have your computer upgraded. Click here for more information.
- Outlook Web Mail has a new log in screen and a new look. You now log in with your CCSU email address and BlueNet account password. Review Microsoft’s Getting Started with Outlook on the Web for Office 365 page to learn more about the new look and features.
- If you are missing a shared email or calendar, please email email@example.com with the name of the shared resource for further investigation.
More information regarding hosted email can be found here.
Microsoft Office for Home Use - FREE with your Office 365 Account
Your Office 365 account allows you to download Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus on up to 5 personally-owned computers as well as 5 mobile devices. You also have access to online file storage called OneDrive for Business. For more information, visit the IT Service Catalog.
Blackboard Learn Upgrade
On December 24-25 Blackboard Learn was upgraded. For a complete list of new features log in to Blackboard Learn and on the My Courses Tab you will see a list of new features with links to documentation and videos. You can also find the information on the Blackboard Documentation Library page or register for a workshop!
Getting Ready for Winter and Spring
- Prepping your course: We have put together a Blackboard Learn “Prepping your Course” information sheet and are offering workshops.
- Course Merges:Please keep in mind that course merges (combining of Blackboard Learn sections) should be requested before the semester begins. Please submit your merge request for Winter and Spring terms as soon as possible.
New to Microsoft Office 2013?
We have multiple workshops available to learn the basics or to enhance your current skills on the Office family of products. Please sign-up today to attend a workshop!