A Message from the CIO
Welcome to Information Technology (IT) at Central Connecticut State University.
Information Technology operates under the direction of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) who reports directly to the President and is a member of the President's Cabinet.
Our mission is to provide technically current, reliable and service-oriented resources to the students, faculty, and staff of CCSU. We implement solutions that are efficient, innovative, and supportive to evolving university goals, demands, and expectations. We provide information technology resources to enhance and foster teaching, learning, research, administration, service, communication, and outreach.
Our vision and passion is to enhance teaching and learning through the effective and innovative use of information technology.
Central's Information Technology Strategic Plan was crafted to support both the University's Strategic Plan and that of the Connecticut State University System. While our goals remain consistent, their implementation constantly evolves with ever-changing technology and innovation.
- Support teaching and learning by promoting, implementing, and maintaining environments, learning communities, and systems.
- Provide a high-performance network.
- Maintain strong and reliable administrative computing systems.
- Establish a level of security, risk management and compliance that protects university information technology assets.
- Business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Support the governance, organization and communication of University Technology Services and ConnSCU.
Should you have any suggestions or questions about the content of our web pages or our services, please contact us at (860) 832-1700. Should you need immediate assistance with your IT needs, please contact the IT Help Desk at (860) 832-1720 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Chief Information Officer