Per immigration law, an F-1 student is allowed to transfer between two SEVIS-certified schools. The transfer process must be reported to SEVIS and completed within 60 days of the program end date.
Transfer to CCSU from another institution:
- Submit the appropriate undergraduate affidavit of support or graduate affidavit of support along with your admission application to undergraduate or graduate admissions
- Fill out the Transfer In Form and have the International Advisor at your previous school fax it to the Immigration Specialist at CCSU (860) 832-2047.
- Contact your previous school to release your SEVIS record to CCSU.
- A Form I-20 will be issued and mailed directly to you along with your admission packet as soon as your SEVIS record is released from your previous school.
- Attend the mandatory International Student Orientation (Orientation date and time is on your Form I-20).
- Pre-Arrival Booklet
Note: Your Form I-20 cannot be issued until your current school transfers your SEVIS record to CCSU.
Transfer from CCSU to another institution:
- If you are planning to transfer to another school, fill out Transfer Out Form and drop it off at CIE. Your SEVIS immigration record will be released to your new school based on the release date on the Transfer Out Form.
- Your SEVIS record can only be transferred at the end of an ongoing semester.
- Once your SEVIS record is transferred, CCSU no longer has access to it.
- Optional Practical Training or Curricular Practical Training or Economic Hardship is terminated once your SEVIS record is transferred.