Minors in Writing at CCSU!
Creative Writing Minor Requirements
One class apiece in poetry, fiction and narrative nonfiction.
Since all Level II classes require the Level I classes, we recommend students take ENG 370 (Creative Nonfiction I), ENG 371 (Fiction I) and ENG 373 (Poetry I) and then select a genre and take at least a Level II and Level III in that genre.
For example, in Narrative Nonfiction the sequence would be ENG 370 (CNFI), ENG 375 (CNF2) and ENG 483 (CNF3).
Total Credit Hours: 18
Electives for Creative Writing
- ENG 372, Fiction II
- ENG 374, Poetry II
- ENG 375, Creative Nonfiction II
- ENG 376, Essay
- ENG 377, Playwriting
- ENG 378, Creative Writing: Special Topics
- ENG 382, Travel Writing
- ENG 383, Writing for Digital Media
- ENG 384, Publishing (includes Lab)
- ENG 385, Writing About Series (Spring 2016/Health)
- ENG 483, Advanced Creative Nonfiction Workshop
- ENG 484, Advanced Fiction Workshop
- ENG 485, Advanced Poetry Workshop
- ENG 494, Independent Study
- ENG 495, Internship
We deliberately kept the prerequisites to a minimum for most classes so all CCSU students, including those who are not minors, can access more 300-level writing classes.