Mission & Objectives
The Department of Computer Science offers several bachelors' degree programs, as well as graduate programs in Software Engineering and Computer Information Technology. The Honors Bachelor of Science (B.S.) program in Computer Science is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET. With this program the Department of Computer Science pursues the following Program Educational Objectives:
- Graduates will apply a broad understanding of the fundamental theories, concepts,
and applications of computer science in their career.
- (ABET SO-1) Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- (ABET SO-2) Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- (ABET SO-6) Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
- Graduates will be engaged in a wide range of careers and/or graduate studies in computer
science or related fields with a passion for lifelong learning.
- (ABET SO-5) Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Graduates will communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and engaged in
- (ABET SO-3) Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Graduates will act ethically and with social responsibility in their careers.
- (ABET SO-4) Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.