Registration Opens: May 1
Registration Closes: June 25 Space may be limited so register early!
Orientation/Advising Days: To Be Announced
- Read all of the information sent to you from CCSU carefully including the First Year Student Guide to find out about orientation. The be sure to attend and start to get to know your new campus!
- Check the Advising website for more information.
2018 Bridges Program Schedule:
Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, June 26 – August 9 (except for July 4)
Math Only: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
English Only: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Math and English: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Note: Students can participate in English only, in Math only, or in both English and Math (both carries the same price as just one!), but attendance and participation in the Lunch/College Readiness period is required of all Bridges students.
9 a.m. – 11 a.m. Math
In the Math course students will:
- Strengthen and deepen understanding of fundamental concepts in arithmetic, geometry, and algebra that are essential to success in college-level math courses
- Work with classmates to communicate mathematical thinking
- Gain confidence in computational and mathematical reasoning skills
11:15 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. Lunch, Games, and College Readiness Programming
- Eat, Socialize, Play Games
- Learn about CCSU and college life
- College readiness programming to help students succeed and to make the most of their college experience
1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Writing
In the Writing course students will:
- Learn how to write for college professors and professional audiences
- Critically read and write sophisticated texts
- Engage different styles and genres of work (multimedia)
- Develop writing habits and processes to overcome common struggles like procrastination, anxiety, repetition, etc.
First Day of Fall 2018 Semester: August 28